As I am sure many of our customers are aware, COVID-19, aka Coronavirus, has made its way to Pennsylvania where MHP is headquartered. As of today's date, there are 22 cases of confirmed COVID-19 in Pennsylvania with another 219 cases under investigation according to PA Governor, Tom Wolf in his statement on March 12, 2020.
Here at MHP, we have always held the safety of our customers, their guests and staff, and everyone's safety as our highest priority since we opened our doors in 2001. We've attended annual safety training seminars at industry conventions and events for many years. We wrote our own safety guideline manual which went even farther than "industry standard" to ensure that safety is our main concern. That's partly because we have a reputation here at MHP for not just doing "industry standard" work but for doing better than the standards and raising the bar for everyone else. In fact, we make our safety manual public knowledge so you can hold us accountable to the rules we live by during projects (Dedication to Safety).
Under our news division, MHP TV, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 progression through Pennsylvania and we're being fed information from many credible sources to ensure we are operating on the highest of precautionary measures.
We realize the less-than-ideal timing of this pandemic. After all, it is peak season for us, providing events of all types with over 200 of the area's most recommended services. But more importantly for the attendees at the events we serve, these events are something they look forward to all year long. From musicals, theater events, dance recitals, sporting championships, parades, and so on; fans and participants look forward to these events because they know it will create memories which will last a lifetime. And MHP is incredibly lucky to capture and help create those memories by the services we offer. For these reasons, among the many on our list, we urge event organizers which are considering their options to postpone their events until a later date instead of cancellations. Our team at MHP is happy to work with you to accommodate these postponements.
For events which have decided to cancel, we respect their decisions to do so. We were planning on covering at least one St. Patrick's Day parade in Schuylkill County for MHP TV but with that event being cancelled, we will no longer be providing St. Patrick's Day coverage. For sporting events, we will hopefully be resuming our sports videography and photography services as soon as PIAA and other groups decide it is no longer a risk to play those games.
For events which have not decided to cancel, we will be honoring those contracts. For the next few weeks, we will be implementing certain protocols and additions to our safety guidelines to ensure the safety of you, your guests, our staff, and everyone at events.
1. We will be limiting physical contact with everyone at the events we attend. It's not that we don't want to shake hands, etc., it's purely a health precaution to you and to us.
2. We will be ensuring our staff follow the CDC's recommendations to prevention, update ourselves to ensure we know the currently listed warning signs of the virus, and test if needed.
3. We also kindly ask all of our customers to follow the CDC's:
3A. Recommendations to prevention (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/index.html)
3B. Know the warning signs (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html)
3C. Test yourself when needed to keep all of us as safe as possible.
4. MHP will be limiting the amount of equipment we rent from other national companies over the next two and a half weeks (ending March 31, 2020). We will still be renting our inventory equipment to customers but all equipment rented will be thoroughly cleaned before and after each rental period.
5. We will be using our online Customer Portal as much as possible through this period. Every customer who would rather online delivery of their products such as videos, photos, and audio edits will be able to get a downloadable copy of their project sent to them for free instead of a USB flash drive or other physical media type.
Finally, we would like to thank our customers for their continued support and understanding during a time like this. MHP is mainly an events company; therefore, we realize our safety management must have the final say in all decisions we make to ensure those decisions won't risk the lives of you, your guests, other vendors, or our own staff. We look forward to helping you with your events this Spring.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing a healthier tomorrow for all.
March 13, 2020